- The personal data we collect;
- How we use the data we collect;
- Who has access to the data collected;
- The rights of site users;
This policy complies with the laws set out in Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
Users agree that by using our site, they consent :
- to the collection, use and retention of the data listed in this policy.
Personal data we collect
Automatically collected data
When you visit and use our site, we may automatically collect and store the following information:
- IP address;
- Hardware and software details;
- Links a user clicks while using the site;
- Content a user views on the site.
Data collected non-automatically
We may also collect the following data when you perform certain functions on our site:
- First and last name;
- Email address;
- Telephone number.
This data may be collected when you complete an information form.
How we will use personal data
Personal data collected on our site will only be used for the purposes specified in this policy or indicated on the relevant pages of our site. We do not use your data beyond what we disclose.
The data we collect automatically is used to improve user experience, advertising preferences and marketing profiling.
The data we collect non-automatically is used for communications purposes.
With whom we share personal data
We may disclose to any member of our organization such user data as is reasonably necessary to carry out the purposes set out in this policy.
We may share user data with third party partners only to help us achieve the purposes set out in this policy.
Third parties will not be able to access user data beyond what is reasonably necessary to achieve the given purpose.
We undertake not to sell or share your data with third parties, except in the following cases:
- If required by law;
- If required for any legal proceedings;
- To prove or protect our legal rights;
To purchasers or prospective purchasers of this company in the event we seek to sell it.
If you follow hyperlinks from our site to another site, please note that we are not responsible for and have no control over their privacy policies and practices.
How long we store personal data
User data will be kept for 24 months after the last communication.
We will ensure that users are notified if their data is retained for longer than this period.
How we protect your personal data
The personal information we collect is stored in a secure computer environment.
We ensure the security of your confidential information by integrating appropriate technologies according to best practices in use at the time of collection.
While we take every reasonable precaution to ensure that our user data is secure and that users are protected, there is always the risk of harm. The Internet as a whole can be, at times, insecure and therefore we are unable to guarantee the security of user data beyond what is reasonably practical.
For EU residents, the RGPD specifies that people under the age of 15 are considered minors for the purposes of data collection. Minors must have the consent of a legal representative for their data to be collected, processed and used.
Your rights as a user
As a user, you have the right to access all your personal data that we have collected. In addition, you have the right to update or correct any personal data in our possession provided it is acceptable under the law.
You may choose to withdraw or change your consent to the collection and use of data at any time, provided that it is legally acceptable to do so and that you have given us reasonable notice.
How to modify, delete or contest collected data
If you wish to have your information deleted or modified in any way, please contact our Privacy Officer here : email@example.com
cookie is a small file stored on a user’s hard disk by the website. Its purpose is to collect data about the user’s browsing habits.
We use the following types of cookies on our site:
We use them to remember any selections you make on our site so that they can be saved for future visits.
This allows us to improve the design and functionality of our site by collecting data about the content you access and engage with while using our site.
These cookies collect data about how you use the site and your preferences. This allows us to make the information you see on our site more promotional and targeted to you.
You can choose to be notified each time a cookie is sent. You can also choose to disable cookies entirely in your web browser, but this may reduce the quality of your user experience.
We may use third-party cookies on our site to monitor user preferences and tailor advertising around their interests.
An Act to modernize legislative provisions respecting the protection of personal information
As part of the new Act to modernize legislative provisions respecting the protection of personal information (“Bill 25”), which comes into force on September 22, 2022, we are appointing Émilie Aubé as the person responsible for the protection of our customers’ personal information. Among other things, Émilie Aubé will be responsible for :
- In the event of a confidentiality incident involving personal information :
- take reasonable steps to reduce the risk of harm being caused to those concerned, and to prevent similar incidents from occurring in the future;
- notify the Commission d’accès à l’information (“CAI”) and the person concerned if the incident presents a risk of serious harm;
- keep an incident register, a copy of which must be sent to CAI on request.
- Comply with the new framework for disclosing personal information without the consent of the person concerned for the purposes of study, research or statistical production, and as part of a commercial transaction;
- Conduct a Privacy Impact Assessment (“PIA”) before disclosing personal information without consent for study, research or statistical purposes;
- Disclose to CAI prior verification or confirmation of identity using biometric characteristics or measurements.
Here are the contact details of the person in charge:
- Name : Émilie Aubé
- Title : VP Finance and Administration
- Address : 3410, rue Galt Ouest Sherbrooke J1H0A5
- Phone : 1-800-767-5002
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Update : December 04, 2023